Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wishing I was there – I was…

From Natalie Imbruglia 2009
The Luminaire was the venue for one of Natalie Imbruglia’s come back gigs – testing new tracks and revive some familiar ones. She needn’t have worried, amongst the relatively small audience of loyal fans every song deservedly went down well. A great evenings entertainment.

What a contrast U2 at Wembley will be – The Luminaire is the smallest venue I’ve been to on my journey to enjoy live music in London.  An audience of ~250, and my reasonably early arrival, meant a great view, three rows from the front – for the first time the flash on my camera was effective. But reviewing the pictures, I still prefer those without flash which are more atmospheric – and can be taken without the lag the flash introduces!

If I’d know the house policy on cameras, I could have upgraded to my SLR – will know next time. It would have been interesting to have it with me, as I was stood amongst the press photographers for the first three or four songs until they where asked to leave to let the paying audience enjoy the music without them impeding the view! Looked like a white 70-200mm F2.8 lens was the one to have – something to add to my collection…

No comments: