Sunday, March 15, 2009

French overwhelmed at Twickenham

From England v France 2009
On a very pleasant Sunday afternoon I made my way to Twickenham with no great expectations of a good performance from England. I’d been grateful that they’d broken their loosing streak while I was watching against Italy – even if that had been unconvincing. Imaging my surprise when they scored in the first few minutes – every team has some luck and the French often take a little time to wake up. But then the excellent play continued and by half time the score line was  an amazing 29-0.

It wasn’t a surprise that the second half wasn’t as brilliant – I’ve never seen England play well for two halves in a row – but loosing the second half 5-10 still meant an impressive 34-10 result. Could they keep it up against the Scots, and if the Wales-Ireland result when England’s way a incredible 2nd place in the 6 nations was possible! 

No comments: