Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hong Kong almost over

Well, my time in Hong Kong is almost up - I've checked in to my flight to Singapore, repacked and booked a car to get me to the airport on time...

The Marriott Singapore has a lot to live up to - since I started the island bagging in earnest, the hotels I've stayed have all been great. Big Island and Oʻahu found me staying at the Sheraton Waikiki, who upgraded me to a suite, and provided wonderfully relaxed and lone traveller friendly experience. Inter Continental Hong Kong repeated the upgrade trick - replaced the beach view with an equally stunning, but different view, of the Hong Kong skyline, as I bagged Lantau and Hong Kong Islands - along with the continent of Asia in the form of Kowloon and the New Territories. Typhoon Hagupit put pay to me bagging some of the other out lying islands - a good reason for a return trip some time in the future.

Next stop Singapore....

No comments: