Thursday, May 29, 2008

Far East Holiday Autumn 2008

Unlike last year, when I waited until the last minute - OK three weeks before - to book the hotel in the vain hope that there would be a "special" that would get me a great room (and view) at a discount rate, then ended up having less choice and paying exactly the same as if I'd booked at the same time as I booked the flights 9 months before, I've now completed booking hotels for my trip to Hong Kong and the F1 GP in Singapore... Lets see if I luck out again and get a nice upgrade to a suite - as long as the view of Hong Kong harbour is as good as the reviews and pictures I don't really mind.... The hotel in Singapore on the other hand was one of the first things booked - immediately after the tickets to the Grand Prix - the "special rate" for that weekend is enough to make you think twice, luckily for the rest of the week in Singapore rates return to very reasonable levels for a 4 star hotel in a popular Far East destination. Now to start booking the day trips - already got tickets for the Singapore Flyer - the London Eye, but bigger and better. So the count down begins.... 112 days until a late night departure from Terminal 5 - lets hope they've sorted out the baggage handling by then....

No comments: