Sunday, March 01, 2009

Total Relaxation

Beau Rivage - Belle Mare - Ile Maurice
Next phase of the holiday was what I missed in my previous twin city holiday in Hong Kong and Singapore – A chance for total relaxation – not that being driven around Kruger park taking pictures of the wildlife was exactly taxing…
I’d splashed out on a ocean junior suite, to ensure I had a balcony with a great view – the expense was well worth it. A great location on the beach front in a quiet corner of the resort. Breakfast delivered to the room at 10am managed to break my habit of a life time, of not being a breakfast person. 10 days of total relaxation – enjoying the cool of the balcony and the sun of the loungers on the beach. Avoiding sun burn was a little tricky – but by the end of my stay I was browner than I’d been since I was a teenager spending summer holidays on the beach in Devon. This wasn’t quite Devon – for a start, 90% of the guest where French. The lack of reasonable Internet access was a little surprising for a so called “5 star plus” hotel – but then it was a true holiday hotel, with no pretention to be catering for anything but sun worship, relaxing and possibly some water sport.

No comments: