Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sunset at Borderline

From Sandi Thom 2010

Sandi Thom failed to be clichéd by reprising Sunset Borderline during her appearance at a venue that might have made it difficult to resist! This was my third night of live music in four nights – with a further evening to come. Borderline was a new venue for me – a nice contrast to the scale of the two O2 sponsored venues of the previous evenings. I was lucky enough to get there early enough to grab a prime spot right next to the stage – the pillar in the middle of the floor could have spoilt the view had the venue been packed.

The music was rather more bluesy than the two albums I’ve enjoyed listening to for a while – but that was done very well – and anything guitar based ticks the boxes for me. The acapella duet with Lindsey Cleary that was left to the encore was a revelation.

No comments: